Meltolan koulu is the local school for the Meltola district located west of the River Vuoksi and the nearby districts of Perä-Meltola and Vallinkoski. The distance to the centre of Imatra in Imatrankoski is 2.5 kilometres. School activities in the Meltola area started already in 1946 with two rented residential buildings for the first two years and barracks with two classrooms in 1948–49. The school house pictured here was completed in 1950. The extension, connected to the brick house, with a sports hall, craft rooms, a music room and an IT room was completed in 1975. The first preschool experiments in Imatra were organised in Meltola.
In terms of administration, Meltolan koulu is part of Kosken koulukeskus, or Koski school centre in English.