1. General information about the operation
The corona epidemic still affected the activities of the disability council. The accessibility reviews included in the action plan were postponed to the following year. The Disability Council met six times during the year. It has also been possible to participate in meetings via a remote Teams connection. In the year of operation, the activities of the South Karelia welfare region's disability council, which will start in 2023, were launched. Marja Vainikainen and Tiina Hämäläinen were elected from the Imatra and Ruokolahti disability council to the welfare area disability council as the actual representatives of the city of Imatra and Auli Gröhn and Heini Vesterinen as their deputy representatives. Anni Väänänen was elected as the full representative of Ruokolahti municipality and Simo Vento as deputy representative.
The Council for the Disabled did not take any initiatives in 2022.
3.1. Formula statements
The Council for the Disabled issued statements on the following formulas:
- Draft of Imatra's general formula "Bigger Imatra 2040".
- About the change proposal of 81 Koivuniemi of Imatra district 1113 Saarlampi asemaka plan
The Council for the Disabled decided that only such formulas will be brought to the Council that are specifically related to the disabled. After that, the disability council did not take any formula into consideration.
3.2. Other statements
- The Council for the Disabled gave a statement on the drawings of the barrier-free shelter of Ruokolahti's Pappilanlahti swimming beach.
- The council comments on the objectives of the Participate and influence program.
- The council issued a statement on the draft equality and equality plan of the city of Imatra.
- The Council for the Disabled issued a statement on the operating rules of the Council for the Disabled in the South Karelia welfare area in an email meeting.
- The Council for the Disabled participated in the planning of Ukonlinna's barrier-free swimming beach by participating in the interviews of the consultant who prepared the plans and commenting on the plans.
- The Council for the Disabled issued a statement on the initiative aimed at restoring the library's home service.
4. Other activities
The Disabled People's Council met once informally in Kesäkoti Hakala.
The Council for the Disabled heard presentations from different cooperation parties and the members participated in seminars in the field of disability.