The city creates conditions for businesses
Imatra needs new jobs. Therefore, the city must create the conditions for business activities in the area, current and future.
- At Imatra, Yrityspalvelut wants to have a one-stop shop principle, so that an entrepreneur starting or moving doesn't have to run behind many doors. From the city's plot and space options, potential companies are offered the most ready-made options possible, the city manager Kai Roslakka says.
This especially requires closer cooperation between the urban development responsibility area, the Imatra regional development company (Kehy) and Mitra.
Imatra is involved in the new Ecosystem Agreement with Lappeenranta, LUT University and the Ministry of Labor and Economy. One purpose of the cooperation is to start the carbon-neutral business park Mioni Industrial Park in Korvenkanta. The goal is that in 2027 there will be hundreds of new jobs in the region.
- Another Mioni park attracting businesses and jobs is pending in Pelkola. Nets have already been launched in that regard as well. The area would be suitable for battery processing operations, logistics and the hydrogen industry, Mitra's CEO Lassi Nurmi says.
─ The project will intensify cooperation with different educational institutions, because skilled labor is an important part of vitality, deputy city manager Kaisa Heino highlight.
Development boom underway
The biggest investment in Kehy's business services goes to development work.
- Recently, it has been great that companies are developing their operations, thinking about their networks and looking for partners. Corona has set in motion a development boom, the harvest of which we will see later, CEO of Kehy Antti Oravuo says.
The aim is to create new cooperation opportunities for local companies also with large industry. This would give small and medium-sized companies in the region opportunities to grow.
- We always strive for growth in all cooperation.
Under Kehy's management, various business group projects are also implemented, where the entrepreneurs have their own goals and those shared by the industry.
- We have been starting the export of bakery products, for example, and tourism projects related to Vuoki are underway, Oravuo says.
One of Kehy's key tasks is also advising start-up companies.
Railway border, nature museum, Ukonniemi and Mellonmäki
The city has also intensified the monitoring of its own flagship projects. The city government wants a monthly report on how the number one projects are progressing.
The city's most important vitality projects are currently the internationalization of the railway border, getting a wilderness and nature culture museum in Imatra,
The development of Ukonniemi and the harbor area, the design of a new sports hall and the development of the cycling center Trail Center Mellonmäki.
- Getting new companies and increasing vitality is not a magic trick, but requires long-term work. We do that all the time, even if it doesn't necessarily show up in public, Roslakka states.
Once a month, Imatra opens the background of current affairs in a paid spot in Uutisvuos. This article was published on Sunday, April 25.4.2021, XNUMX.
You can influence what topics are discussed. Answer the survey: imatra.fi/taustaslakymä
You can also read six previous articles at the following address.
The third corona subsidy for entrepreneurs to apply the day after tomorrow
Many companies have had a really difficult year. Small businesses in particular have had a hard time during the corona virus.
Until now, the state's corona subsidy has been paid to sole proprietors through the city. Kehy has helped the SME sector and in applying for larger grants from ELY and Business Finland.
The application period for the latest state aid is about to begin.
- The third corona subsidy will come on 27.4. search. I recommend all entrepreneurs to apply for support from the State Treasury. We help companies make applications, but the best way is to make an application with an accounting firm, CEO of Kehy Antti Oravuo says.
Support can be applied for by all those companies for which Corona has caused at least a 30 percent cut in income in the period 1.11.20. - 28.2.21. (comparison time same year earlier).
As local support, Kehy has opened Karanteenikauppa.fi - an online service where entrepreneurs can easily put their products up for sale free of charge. In addition, the city is campaigning Support your local - theme. Financial support is also available Sapskajelpin through which the city is the most significant individual financier.